|All mixed up and ready to ferment!|
To make this beverage, you will need:
|I noticed bubbles after only 24 hours.|
- Place all ingredients in large glass container and stir to combine.
- Cover with a secured cloth and let ferment for 3-5 days.
- Strain off liquid and bottle*- you can add a pinch of sweetener for added carbonation.
- If doing a second ferment, let your sealed bottles sit on the counter for an additional 1-3 days.
- Check for carbonation daily and move to cold storage before drinking.
I have to admit, this kvass is still salty. It's not as "earthy" as the beet kvass, and I can drink it without making an "eww" face- but, I like bread kvass much better. Experiement for yourself... which kvass is your favorite? Whichever one you prefer, you are doing your tummy a favor by drinking this probiotic-rich beverage! Enjoy!
|My carrot kvass, ready for a second ferment!|