Bingo! I found a recipe for a hair tonic with rosemary and stinging nettle that is supposed to stimulate your scalp and actually grow thicker hair. I took that recipe and added some essential oils to aid in the scalp-stimulating properties of the tonic.
What you need to make your own herbal hair tonic:
1 T dried rosemary
1 T dried stinging nettle
1 c white vinegar
1 c filtered water
5 drops each: lemon and lavender essential oil
- Put all ingredients (except essential oils) into a small pan.
- Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to lowest setting and make a strong decoction. (takes about 1 hour) Add more water if it gets too low!
- Remove pan from heat and filter out the herbs.
- Add essential oils when tonic has cooled to about 100 F.
- Keep in a cool place and shake well before use.