Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Homemade Hair Detangler

My oldest daughter used to have hair down to her bottom, and boy was it hard to keep neat! It didn't help that she didn't like having her hair brushed. We got store-bought detangler and it worked, but I didn't like the ingredient list one bit. Really, there was more than one ingredient I couldn't even pronounce! I was inspired to make my own detangler when I came across an herbal product online called "Hair Shine" by http://www.beeyoutiful.com/ ...



In my homemade detangler, I use:
2 oz aloe gel (try to find the purest aloe you can- NOT the green aloe for sunburns.)
5 oz distilled water
20 drops orange essential oil
20 drops lavender essential oil
8-10 drops rosemary essential oil
4 drops grapefruit seed extract (optional- for freshness)
I re-used an old detangler spray bottle (I've used the one in the picture for about 3 years!) to mix all the ingredients together. This concoction is best when used on dry hair, in between washings. Shake well before use :)

2 comments:

  1. I might have to do this but more for my son's super curls. We don't use shampoo so their hair retains most of its natural oils but this would be great for when he has fuzzies stuck in his curls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a friend who tried the no-poo approach, and she had beautiful corkscrew curls! My scalp has always had too much oil (too fine and limp)...this detangler is great even for oily hair because it doesn't add extra "weight" to your hair! And, it smells yummy :)

    ReplyDelete