Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Homemade Warm Coconut Oil Drink



I am a long-time fan of virgin coconut oil.  It is a quick energy boost when you are feeling tired, and it tastes delicious!  The only problem I had with coconut oil is how to get enough in my diet... in smoothies, the coconut oil solidifies and leaves you with little chunks that need to be chewed.  I tried to put some in my cup of green tea, but it was like drinking an oil slick!  In my coffee/milk drinks (cappuccinos, lattes), it was easy to get down, but my body is very sensitive to coffee drinks and caffeine so I don't drink them every day.

Now, I've found the perfect solution for taking my daily dose of coconut energy- a warm drink that is perfect on a cold winter day!  Here's what you'll need:

about 2 c warm milk ( I used raw milk, heated on the stove top until it was about 110 degrees F)
1 heaping T coconut oil
1 t raw honey

Mix all the ingredients together and sip away!  Milk and honey are always good together, but the added coconut oil gives it just a hint of flavor.  And, the oil seemed to mix well with milk fat- no more oil slick-type beverages!  :)

So, give your body a boost of coconut energy and enjoy it!



No comments:

Post a Comment