Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Homemade Chicken Salad w/Yogurt Dressing

I am always looking for new flavors for lunches around here... since I am home most days, I can't eat the same thing every. single. day.  Sandwiches are NOT my thing, and I can't make a large meal for lunch then turn around and make another one for dinner.  My other responsibilities don't leave time for that.  So, when I find recipes that catch my interest, I try to make enough to last for a few meals- this is one that fits the bill- and it turned out to be full of wonderful new flavors!



I tweaked  this recipe from one in an old Southern Living magazine.  (Here's the original)

Ingredients:
1 can organic garbanzo beans (drained and washed)
2 T flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 T lemon juice
5 T unfiltered extra virgin olive oil
about 4 cups shredded chicken
3/4 cup chopped radishes
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 pt grape tomatoes (halved or whole)
1 1/2 cups chopped Japanese cucumber (no need to peel)

Yogurt dressing:
1 cup plain yogurt
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
2 T chopped fresh dill
2 T lemon juice
1 large garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste

The original recipe called for you to mix this and let that sit... whatever :)  I just threw everything together and poured the dressing over it!  I made three meals out of this one recipe, and it was delish.
If you can, make it the night before you eat it to let the flavors combine.  I found it even tastier on days 2 and 3. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment