Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Homemade, Whitening Tooth Powder and Mouthwash for Bleeding Gums

Do you have bleeding or receding gums?  If so, I have a wonderful combination for you to try... it worked for me!  About two months ago,  I noticed a bit of blood in my spit every time I brushed my teeth... I didn't think I was brushing too hard, and I was using a natural tooth powder that wasn't harsh, so I decided to do some research!  What I came up with not only stopped my gums from bleeding but whitened my teeth and freshened my breath as well :)


The secrets to my newly-formulated tooth powder are bentonite clay and cinnamon!  This combo cleans, freshens and will even remineralize your teeth.  It is super mild on your enamel and will leave your teeth nice and white.  Cinnamon has traditionally been used for toothaches and bad breath.  I use Ceylon Cinnamon, but Cassia Cinnamon would work, as well!  Bentonite Clay draws out impurities and brightens your teeth- and, it has trace minerals essential for remineralization of soft spots.  

Don't be put off by the color of this tooth powder!  My son uses it and loves the taste :)  I think you will, too!

What you will need:

1/4 c bentonite clay
1/4 c cinnamon ( I use Ceylon)
1/4 c baking soda
1 T nutmeg powder 
1 T orange peel powder
1 T sea salt 

Mix all ingredients into a wide-mouth jar.

To use:  Just wet your toothbrush bristles and dip them into the tooth powder.  Brush as usual!



Remineralizing tooth powder

To finish off your daily oral care, use this Aloe Juice mouthwash!  Aloe is known to calm inflammation in your gums and stop them from bleeding.  This mouthwash is also shelf-stable, so no need to refrigerate!

What you'll need:
1 c hydrogen peroxide (3% potency)
1 c filtered water
1/2 c aloe juice ( I use "Fruit of the Earth" brand)
10-15 drops peppermint/spearmint essential oil

Mix all ingredients in a large colored glass bottle.  

To use:  Shake well!  Swish about a shot glass full (maybe 1/8 c) after brushing with the Cinnamon/Clay tooth powder.  

Aloe is used for gum health.

 Enjoy good oral health, and smile more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment