Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Homemade Bar Lotion

I use lotion every day. During the winter, when we have to turn on the heat occasionally, my skin needs that extra moisture even more!

I have made cream lotions, but they actually contain more water than oils! I find the moisture is short-lasting, although easily absorbed into the skin. For winter moisture, I prefer bar lotions. This type of lotion is not watered-down at all! It is 100% natural oils that moisturize your skin to the fullest, and they take very little effort to make.




I can make 4-1.5 oz bars from this simple recipe:

1.5 oz beeswax
1 oz cocoa butter (very moisturizing, and good for scarred skin, too!)
1.5 oz Shea butter
2 oz liquid oil (either olive oil or avocado oil)

Melt oils and beeswax in a small saucepan over low heat.
Remove from heat and add 1/4 t vitamin E and about 5 drops of your favorite essential oil
Pour into molds and let harden! If they get stuck in the molds, simply pop them in the freezer for an hour or so.

To use:
Rub the bar in your hands to warm.

I have used this as a facial moisturizer, and it works great on feet and elbows, too!

This post has been shared at Monday Mania

No comments:

Post a Comment